[Dixielandjazz] Tram [WARNING: SPF validation unavailable]

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 03:25:44 PDT 2015

Yes.  I still prefer Coleman Hawkins to Lester Young.  As far as I am
concerned, Brown is beyond the scope - I do not consider Brown a jazz
musician.  Moreover, they all came later.  Young was influenced  by
Trumbauer, and could take it from there on.  Tram was there first, and
influence all early saxophone players.  Young named him explicitely, as did
Benny Carter.  As to Peker - I am not sure.  But, to the best of my memory,
he was even later than Young.
You might have mentioned some quite inventive trumpeteres, too (sorry, you
mentioned one), but they all came AFTER Louis and Bix.
Cheers