[Dixielandjazz] What's your favorite Turk Murphy album?

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon Apr 13 02:37:40 PDT 2015

Jim Kashishian asked:
> What's the one dedicated to ragtime with Wally Rose on the cover?  That
may be one of my favorites.

And, Bill replied:
>Sounds like the Fairmont 102 LP, 'Wally Rose with Lu Watters and the Yerba
Buena Jazz Band'.
"Live From The Dawn Club".

And, to continue:

Nope!  Your comments got the old thoughts rolling, and I actually had to get
down on my hands & knees (not an easy matter these days!) and go through my
albums.  I found the one I was thinking of & it is Columbia Turk & Wally
Rose "Jelly Roll Morton".  Probably the same one Marek mentioned.

Other favorites, if my memory serves me right are:

*  Columbia "Dancing Jazz" (*)
*  Verve "Easy Street"
*  Good Time Jazz Volume 1 & 2 "San Francisco Jazz"

(*)  we use the arrangement of "Doctor Jazz" to this day, having copied it
from this LP.

Jim