[Dixielandjazz] Bechet and Noone and Dodds

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 04:46:38 PDT 2015

I love Bechet's playing, whether on clarinet or on the soprano sax!  On the
former, he had competitors.  On the latter - he didn't then and hasn't
since.  I cannot think of many Bechet recordings I haven't liked, other
than the merengues he recorded with other worthy jazzmen (the only one I
recall right now is Willie the Lion), and his ballet "La Nuit Est une
Sorciere" (from memory, and my French is non-existent).
Cheers