[Dixielandjazz] My Sweeter Than Sweet

Peter Reid reid1947 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 8 06:45:21 PDT 2015

To anyone in the know,
In the latest Victorian Jazzline magazine, there is a revue for a CD
entitled "Hot Syncopated Rhythms
of the 1920's & 30's". One of the tracks mentioned is "My Sweeter  Than
Sweet" by Frank Trumbauer and
His Orchestra with Bix on cornet, recorded 19th October 1929. I referred
to "Bix The Leon Bix Beiderbecke
Story", by Evans & Evans, and I can find no mention of this tune being
recorded by Bix with anybody on
any date, although it was on the radio, July 30th 1930.
On the 14th October, he was admitted to the Keeley Institute in Illinois
and was in there until he
checked himself out on the 18th November. According to what I can find,
Andy Secrest played cornet on
this track.
I know new things come to light every day and old recordings are
unearthed, one of the reasons for "Bix
Restored" Volume 5 being released. Has new evidence emerged since the
Evans & Evans book was released
in 1998?
Kind regards to all
Peter L