[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: [New post] BOILERMAKERS, FRENCH FRIES, AND SORROW

Jazzman joe jazzmnjoe at aol.com
Fri Apr 3 12:45:30 PDT 2015

-----Original Message-----
From: JAZZ LIVES <comment-reply at wordpress.com>
To: jazzmnjoe <jazzmnjoe at aol.com>
Sent: Fri, Apr 3, 2015 12:10 pm
Subject: [New post] BOILERMAKERS, FRENCH FRIES, AND SORROW

 New post on JAZZ LIVES

BOILERMAKERS, FRENCH FRIES, AND SORROW
 by jazzlives

Let us remember, mourn, and celebrate Richard McQueen Wellstood in three ways, for he was too expansively singular to be contained in one alone.

The first is a blessing -- the man himself -- on a 1981 BBC video, the program called Pebble Mill At One," where Wellstood plays AIN'T MISBEHAVIN' and RUSSIAN RAG, then we have the immense happiness of Dick, Kenny Davern, and Kenny Clare for A PORTER'S LOVE SONG and BLUE MONK: