[Dixielandjazz] Shameless plug

Ernie Landes ernlan at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 26 14:21:37 PDT 2014

What you say, OKOM in the desert?  Well yes, and it's alive and well.  We're a seven-piece tuba/banjo band called the Sun City Stomperz, and we swing on alternate Saturday evenings in Peoria, a suburb of Phoenix, AZ.  We concentrate on the good old stuff of Oliver, Armstrong, Morton, Waller, Watters, even a little Ellington.   Details:  Sunset Bistro at the Lakes, 19260 N. Westbrook Parkway, Peoria, AZ 85382.  (623) 566-1132 for reservations.  6:30 - 8:30 pm on alternate Saturdays (including tomorrow, Sept. 27).  It's a small place, so reservations advised.  Full restaurant and bar, dance floor, golf course view.  Never a cover or minimum.  Snowbirds welcome!

Ernie Landes, trombone, leader