[Dixielandjazz] Crazy for Ragtime

Ivor Jones banjones at sapo.pt
Tue Sep 23 07:13:10 PDT 2014

I have been  reconciled to not getting a solution to this problem for a number of years,

but one should never give up trying, should one.

As it appears that as most of the members of this esteemed group are well over

75 I have deliberately used 14pt Helvetica Light to get the message across.

Here's the problem... Many years ago I bought a wonderful CD. 'CRAZY FOR RAGTIME'

by Robert Winters

It's a great disc with words and music for about (guessing) 20 ragtime compositions

able to be played on every kind of musical instrument in the world, except the bagpipes.

It has about 250 press cuttings regarding the subject, maybe more, plus biographies and

location as to where the tunes were written. Also some movie excerpts of dancing

steps of the age, etc.

Now because of scientific progress in the computer field I cannot play this CD.

Has anybody, and I have no great hopes, found a method of playing this masterpiece.

If so please will you pass the information on, I only ask.

Ivor Jones

Living in Portugal

Thank you kindly, sirs.

---