[Dixielandjazz] Shorty with a St. James twist

Paul Kurtz Jr kurtzph at comcast.net
Mon Sep 15 16:51:59 PDT 2014

Jim, I love this. It has elements through the drumming of Tito Puente, 1950s. It has comedy elements of Louis Prima in New Orleans and after with The Witnesses. It has elements of brass bands from New Orleans. If that’s him doing the trumpet, it’s a wonderful trumpet solo by a trombonist. The fuzz and soft tone stuff has elements of the jazz trumpeters of the 1950s and yet he has elements coming right to the modern. Just plain fun.
Paul Kurtz Jacksonville, FL