[Dixielandjazz] : George and Joyce Wein Jazz and Heritage Center to open in New Orleans

Norman Vickers NVickers1 at cox.net
Thu Oct 16 07:13:50 PDT 2014

To:DJML

From:  Norman Vickers, Jazz Society of Pensacola

FYI. At the suggestion of our gentle moderator, Bob Ringwald, I pass along this information to you.

George and Joyce Wein Jazz & Heritage Center Opens in December

The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Foundation is proud to announce that our new education and community facility, the George and Joyce Wein Jazz & Heritage Center, will open in December after years of planning and construction. Named in honor of the legendary Jazz Fest founders, the center will be the first-ever permanent home of our free education program, the  <http://click.lv.enewsaxs.com/?qs=61f892630fdd7876e6641135d118a43c859aa0e83f66fe30a76b8973c6fd601df90c0bc62e122ace> Don Jamison Heritage School of Music . Equipped with seven classrooms (including dedicated labs for drums and keyboards), a 200-seat auditorium and state-of-the-art digital media capabilities, the building will also serve as a resource for local community groups. We’ll dedicate the building with a pair of events in December: On Friday, Dec. 12, we’ll host our inaugural concert featuring the founder of the Heritage School of Music, saxophonist Edward “Kidd” Jordan and his musical offspring: Rachel, Stephanie, Kent and Marlon Jordan; on Saturday, Dec. 13, we’ll present a special Christmas concert featuring students of the Heritage School.

For more information visit:  <http://click.lv.enewsaxs.com/?qs=61f892630fdd787683ce1086fc7287547c00434bbd5c9c644e92dfa3baddd0b9009d97a6fae18fd6> www.jazzandheritagecenter.org