[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Standards

Dingo roadie at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 14 00:19:23 PDT 2014

Hi Bob,
Methinks I did not explain my thoughts well. What I meant to say was the
playback speed of the recording is, to my ears, just that bit too fast. I
first heard this track on BBC radio back in the late 1970's and pianist Mel
Powell's solo was enough to make me buy the LP just for that one track. Over
the years this track from the LP was well played so I like to *think* I know
what Mel's piano sounded like which is why, when I first listened to this
Youtube copy, alarm bells rang and I thought ....... "that ain't right".

Although I still have my LP copy, it's not accessible at this time but I do
have a copy of the SGB track on my PVR and will put a stopwatch on it and
compare with the Youtube offering.

Here's another track you may like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP8pM4krRGc