[Dixielandjazz] A specific Old DJML memory.

M J [Mike] Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Tue Oct 7 14:01:16 PDT 2014

>>>I've only worn mine at a few of the local clubs and Los Angeles Classic Jazz
festivals and several people came up to me and introduced themselves as DJML
members. It was being nice being able to meet other members in person.<<<

In 1996, at Ted Shafer's first annual & short-lived Suisun City festival, I was standing on the grass wearing my DJML button and this fellow comes up to me shaking his hand real hard in front of his chest and grinning from ear to ear.  My first thought was "Is this guy having a seizure or something?"  And then I realised he was energetically pointing his thumb at his DJML button.

And that's how I met Don Robertson.