[Dixielandjazz] Obituary: Ray Santisi, piano instructor at Berklee for 57 years--Giacomo Gates and Bob Maksymkow respond

Norman Vickers NVickers1 at cox.net
Wed Nov 26 07:46:41 PST 2014

To:  Musicians and Jazzfans list; DJML

From: Norman Vickers, Jazz Society of Pensacola

Yesterday, I sent out obituary piece on pianist/teacher Ray Santisi of Boston.

Listmates Vocalist Giacomo Gates  of Bridgeport, CT and saxophonist/teacher Bob Maksymkow of Pensacola respond.

Thanks for Gates and Bob for your contributions.

From: Giacomo Gates [mailto:giacomogates at hotmail.com]

Subject: RE: Obituary: Ray Santisi, piano instructor at Berklee for 57 years

 Norm....
Ray Santisi......
Maybe 1992, I was fortunate to have sat in at Sculler's Jazz Club, in Boston.   I was graciously invited by alto saxophonist, Richie Cole to sit in on his set.  The rhythm section consisted of Ray Santisi, piano, John Lockwood, bass and Alan Dawson, drums.
Needless to say, I was spoiled early by this world class rhythm section.....
Tip of the hat, to Ray Santisi.

Regards, Giacomo Gates