[Dixielandjazz] Louis among the saints

domitype . domitype at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 00:26:20 PST 2014

My only Louis thing (other than many records and books) is one of those
tacky "Big Head Louis Armstrong" plaster statues. I don't know why I really
wanted one, but the year I started looking for one in New Orleans there
were absolutely none available in any tourist gift shop, junk or antique
store, music store, nowhere. I think I went to over 100 places all over New
Orleans during the week between Jazzfest days looking for one. (This was
pre-Internet.) I finally found one in a shop way out of the city- it had a
small chip in it - bought it anyway and took it home.

Next year they were all over the city in every store I checked... this is
what it looks like:
http://tinyurl.com/jvgbbom

David Richoux