[Dixielandjazz] Pro-Isle Andrew Homzy’s N.O.L.A. NightHawks

Andrew Homzy andrew.homzy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 11:13:40 PST 2014

Dear Friends,

While few of you live in spitting distance of Nanaimo, B.C., I thought you’d might be interested in my activity -

I love Nanaimo and hope to contribute to it’s culture and sustainability -
I also love the music of New Orleans and want to bring the two together -

Perhaps you’ll be interested in seeing my show:

Andrew Homzy’s N.O.L.A. NightHawks
 Sat. Nov. 29 - 7:30pm
Best Western Dorchester Hotel, Nanaimo
70 Church St, Nanaimo

$20 at the door
Advance Tickets $15 @ Fascinating Rhythm
51 Commercial St, Nanaimo-(250) 716-9997
www.homzy.ca <http://www.homzy.ca/>

My idea is to develop an audience for jazz and classical music in Nanaimo. This is the fifth event I’ve produced here - but the first with my own jazz band - Andrew Homzy’s N.O.L.A. NightHawks.

The music of New Orleans is unique -  fresh, exotic, engaging and rewarding. Known as the birthplace of jazz, N.O.L.A. (New Orleans, Louisiana) also fosters classical music, blues, rock, rap, funk and just about any kind of style you can think-of - but always with a distinctive flavour.

Rather than say more about the NightHawks here, I’ll refer you to my website - http://www.homzy.ca <http://www.homzy.ca/>

Dress up - or not - bring your "second line umbrellas/parasol” - homemade is good,
second line umbrellas <https://www.google.ca/search?q=second+line+umbrellas&client=safari&rls=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=1UliVIPeOe71iQLek4FI&ved=0CB4QsAQ&biw=1357&bih=732>
We hope you will join us for our Nanaimo debut.

Cheers,

Andrew Homzy