[Dixielandjazz] Acker Bilk RIP

Graham Martin grahmartin at bigpond.com
Mon Nov 3 18:08:23 PST 2014

G'day,

Sad news indeed. One of my heroes who not only had a unique swinging
clarinet sound but also understood that entertainment and fun are so
important to the jazz mix. So many great reminiscences of evenings listening
to his band in the late fifties and early sixties.

Thanks Acker and, if I may:

"Good night folks, and remember - if it was not for Venetian blinds it would
be curtains for the lot of us!"

Best,

Grah

Graham Martin