[Dixielandjazz] Tony Spar or Tony Spair?

Margie mabillig1 at verizon.net
Mon May 26 23:25:57 PDT 2014

Tony Spair was my father's cousin.  My father name was Herbert Spair of Trenton, NJ.  My father had his own band called the 3 beats with his brother Homer Spair on the piano and Babe another cousin of my father Herbert Spair and his brother Homer Spair the piano player cousins of Tony Spair the trumpet player which was not part of the 3 beats but played on the radio.  I am Margaret Spair Billig the daughter of Herbert Spair Sr and my twin sister Marilou Spair Zollins and my two older brothers Herbert Spair and Richard Spair which live still in NJ.   I live in New Tripoli, Pa and my sister and her husband live in Florida.   Our father Herbert Spair who had his own band called the 3 beats played in a Jimmy's night club for 30 some years.  My father played the Saxaphone, his brother as I mentioned played the piano and could not read notes but played very very good!  My twin sister and I  were born in 1945 and we began singing at a young age but at 14 years old we traveled around to nursing homes and different churches singing and my father playing his sax which he learned religious music and he left the night club and learned christian music.  He died at the age of 96 years old in 2004.  His Father was the late Anthony Spair who was a union man trying to end the hard work of the men working on the panama canal and went on the ship to stop the long hours the men were putting in.  He died at the age of 39 years of age.  You can read about him in the Trenton library in Trenton NJ.  Also his abituary.  He is well known and was a wonderful man who cared for the under dog.

Yours Sincerely,  Margaret Spair Billig.  I am on FaceBook under Margie Russ Billig and my twin sister under Marilou Wally Zollins.  Yes, we are related to Tony Spair the trumpet player and have heard him play on the radio in Trenton, NJ  Hope to hear from you!

Look us up on face book.