[Dixielandjazz] Support live jazz

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sat May 17 15:05:06 PDT 2014

Just back from a gig of The Gypsy Alert, with guests Bar Zalel (a founder
membr of Swing de Gitanes, who has since made a name for himself in the uK
and who currently lives and plays in Paris) on guitar and Eli Preminger on
trumpet.
The evening was very successful musically, but, unfortunately, the small
venue was far from full - I've never seen so few people there.  Perhaps a
combination of the Jewish Lag Baomer (33rd day of the Omer period), which
is a bonfire day, and an important football (soccer to Americans) on
television.
The three guitarists managed to sound like a band, even though Bar Zalel
was new to them.  Eli seems to show up everywhere.
Nuage was taken at a jaunty tempo, but came out all right.

Last Wednesday I missed a gig - I only got the notice in the late afternoon
from a freind who saw it on facebook, and by then it was too late to change
my plans; it doesn't happen to me very often.
Cheers