[Dixielandjazz] Revival Dixie Groups?

Randy Fendrick jfendrick at bak.rr.com
Tue May 13 13:13:37 PDT 2014

In 1962, a couple of guys in Bakersfield started what was called the Kern County Hot Jazz Society.  They had several groups play there which included The New Aurora Jazz Band and The South Bay New Orleans Jazz Band.  I have seen a video on You Tube re: South Bay Jazz Band, and these guys appear to be the same vintage (read age) that the 1963 group would be.  Does anyone know if it is the same group?  Does anyone know of the New Aurora Jazz Band?  If so, I would be curious to know who they were.  That jazz society only lasted a couple of years, but there was a rebirth of one that lasted for about 15 years in the 90's, until most of the attendee's were meeting at the cemetery.
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks
Randy Fendrick