[Dixielandjazz] Top 10 music clubs in New Orleans | Travel | The Guardian

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 16:24:16 PDT 2014

On 20 March 2014 20:04, Jazz Jerry <jazz1jerry at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Dear dear dear - you don't know what you are missing out on.

One man's meat, you know...  I am a staunch believer in THE gospel: "It
don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing," and also that modern as
applied to art jaus has two letters too many.

> We were in New Orleans last year and although there was loads of rock and
> every other type of music we found jazz without any problem. Palm Court
> cafe is missing from the article and simply in Jackson Square we found an
> excellent brass band.

Not questioning that - but that was not what the article mentioned.

> And don't dismiss the Marsalis clan too much - the Wynton CD/DVD with Eric
> Clapton recorded live at the Lincoln Centre is one of the best traditional
> jazz albums I have heard for many a moon!

I don't.  But Wynton and daddy Ellis are not the same as Delfayo or
Branford.  And even Wynton often plays traditional as if it were something
else.  And neither Wynton nor Ellis were mentioned.  As to the recording
with Clapton - de gustibus non disputandum est.  I really don't mind if YOU
listen to it repeadedly, as long as you don't make me do so - I simply
prefer my music "Strictly Instrumental."
Cheers