[Dixielandjazz] Top 10 music clubs in New Orleans | Travel | The Guardian

Jazz Jerry jazz1jerry at btinternet.com
Thu Mar 20 11:04:27 PDT 2014

Dear dear dear - you don't know what you are missing out on. We were in New Orleans last year and although there was loads of rock and every other type of music we found jazz without any problem. Palm Court cafe is missing from the article and simply in Jackson Square we found an excellent brass band. Plenty of other places. Even the Dukes of Dixieland on the Natchez who must be the most bored looking band I have ever seen but I suppose playing the same routine night after night would bore even the best musicians and they certainly did not sound like the best!

And don't dismiss the Marsalis clan too much - the Wynton CD/DVD with Eric Clapton recorded live at the Lincoln Centre is one of the best traditional jazz albums I have heard for many a moon!

Jerry Brown

Sent from my iPad