[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland In The Sky

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Wed Mar 19 11:41:23 PDT 2014

When Zeke Zarchy, my tpt player in my Great Pacific Jazz Band when I lived in Tinsel Town, was on tour in Australia with the Glenn Miller Ghost band in the 1980s, (Zeke was actually the original lead tpt player in the band in WW II when Glenn led it), when the flight attendants found out Zeke was the tpt player, they asked him to play. He bartered with them. He kept playing and they kept giving him Scotch.

-Bob Ringwald

-Bob Ringwald K6YBV
www.ringwald.com
916/ 806-9551

On why he no longer went to Ruggeri's, a St. Louis restaurant:
"Nobody goes there anymore because it's too crowded."
-Lawrence Peter (Yogi) Berra