[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland in the skies

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Wed Mar 19 02:20:59 PDT 2014

Forgive me for once again "tooting my own horn".....I flew again on Iberian
Airlines, Madrid/Chicago last week.  My band's 45th Anniversary CD is still
being played in the Audio Jazz Section of their entertainment system.  Over
the years, Iberia has often featured our band on their planes.  The complete
CD has been on all long-haul flights since last fall.

We made somewhat of a Dixieland record by being seen by over a billion tv
viewers world-wide during our performance at the Spanish Royal Wedding (the
Prince) in 2004, and probably have another record now with our music being
heard by travellers at 37,000 feet!

For travellers with their feet on the ground, we can often be heard at jazz
clubs in the city center, so if you're coming to Madrid, please contact me
through djml.

Jim Kashishian
Canal Street Jazz Band
Madrid, Spain