[Dixielandjazz] Louis Armstrong: Master of Modernism

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 12:59:58 PDT 2014

Thanks for the warning, Joe.  You are so right!
But Brothers is not alone.
I have a book, "Stompinng the Blues" by Albert Murray, in which he claims
that whites could not swing.  I see it as poetic justice that he was chosen
to ghost-write the autobiography of Count Bsie, probably the first - or one
of the first - Negro bandleaders to employ white musicians (he employed
Buddy de Franco in the small group he had in the late forties after his big
band disbanded), and later hired a white drummer to power his band.
Cheers