[Dixielandjazz] Rebecca Kilgore interviewed - Midland (Texas) Reporter-Telegram, May 15, 2014

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 00:54:01 PDT 2014

Interesting stuff, but it omits one piece of important information - COST!
Young people will pay, often more than they can afford, for things they
know or which are a part ot the current "youth culture," but not for things
a bit mysterious and considered obsolete.  Events ivolving high costs will
not attract young people.  Only after they have been exposed to whatever it
is for a while and learnt to lie and appreciate it they will buy tickets.
Thus, there are much more young people at free events than paid events, and
the higher the price the lower theyoung component of the audience,
something everybody who tries to promote and perpetuate our kind of music
(or classical music, for that matter) should bear in mind.
Cheers