[Dixielandjazz] PD

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym at teledyn.com
Sun Jun 29 08:50:48 PDT 2014

it depends on where you are.  I have a Canadian made fakebook called
the Creole Jazz Band Fake Book vol 1, and the intro claims to have
included only public domain tunes, but that would be public domain in
Canada at that time -- thanks to Sonny Bono and Mickey Mouse, the
American copyright term keeps getting longer and longer (curiously
just in time before Mickey passes over the line) -- our current rule
in Canada, and threatening to change at any moment, is 50 years past
the death of the composer; I believe in some countries that can also
be extended if the rights holder petitions for it.

If you ask me, the whole concept is absurd: everyone knows for fact

--
*Teledyn Addendum: teledyn blogspot ca*
*eso: **EighthStreetOrchestra blogspot ca*