[Dixielandjazz] Royalty & Rolls

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Thu Jun 19 03:39:52 PDT 2014

Ten years ago, our band played on a massive stage in the center of Madrid
entertaining the crowds lining the streets awaiting the Rolls Royce carrying
the then Prince of Asturias & his new bride, Letizia in a motorcade through
the city after the Royal Wedding.  Our music & faces were shown for a good
many minutes on television to a record one billion viewers worldwide.

Today, the same Rolls carried the young couple to the Parliment building
where the Prince became King Felipe IV, and Letizia became Queen.

Due to our small "connection", and particularly to a great photo of that
Rolls Royce in front of our band with the Royal couple inside waving to the
band members as we played "Hello Dolly", I have a certain affection for the
Royals and am hopeful the young couple will be able to unite Spain and give
the country a means out of the economic hole we are in.

Jim
p.s. if anyone is interested, I can send you a copy of the photo.  It is of
great value anytime our band is asked if we can play so & so job.  I send
the photo along with blurps on our 47 yr history, and the picture speaks
mountains!