[Dixielandjazz] Joe Bushkin on Piano Jazz

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sun Jun 1 21:12:47 PDT 2014

Joe Bushkin on Piano Jazz
NPR, May 30, 2014
Pianist Joe Bushkin got his start in Bunny Berigan's band in 1935 and went on to
work with Eddie Condon, Louis Armstrong, Benny Goodman and Bing Crosby. On this episode
of Piano Jazz, Bushkin performs his original "Oh, Look at Me Now" and duets with
host Marian McPartland for George Gershwin's "They Can't Take That Away >From Me."
Originally broadcast in 1998.
Set List
"Oh, Look At Me Now" (Bushkin, DeVries)
"Manhattan/California Here I Come" (Rodgers, Hart, DeSilva, Jolson)
"Emily" (Mandel, Mercer)
"They Can't Take That Away From Me" (Gershwin)
"Hot Time In The Town Of Berlin" (Bushkin, DeVries)
"I've Got A Crush On You" (Gershwin)
"Like Someone In Love" (Burke, VanHeusen)
"Here's That Rainy Day" (Burke, VanHeusen)
Full episode:
http://www.npr.org/2014/05/30/317407862

-Bob Ringwald K6YBV
www.ringwald.com
916/ 806-9551

"I always thought that record would stand until it was broken."
-- Lawrence Peter (Yogi) Berra