[Dixielandjazz] soprano mouthpiece

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Sun Jul 27 12:51:40 PDT 2014

I have passed along the query from J. D. Bryce to a possible source of clues...

Once upon a time I attended a concert from which some members of this group would have been detained by what others would call prejudices..   Judged on its own terms it was well worth missing --  a New York rehearsal band that ought to have rehearsed a bit more, definitely.  I have never before or since heard a soprano saxophone played so continuously out of tune with itself there was a ticking and fluttering sound all the time the unhappy young man was blowing.
Not a decent reed squeak either  . . .

An amazing acoustic phenomenon

And unattractive aesthetic one

Ooooooooooooooooooh, dear ....