[Dixielandjazz] Anyone know the California Feetwarmers?

Justin Au jtazztrumpet at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 00:31:45 PDT 2014

Hi Gary,

The CA Feetwarmers is a young trad jazz band in the Los Angeles area. They haven't been discovered by the trad fest circuit (at least not yet), but they are a popular band among the LA swing dance community. All the band members are in their 20s or early 30s. Great group to see live. They draw upon a rotating cast of great musicians. The frontline has a Balkan influence to their phrasing. It gives the band an interesting sound while still remaining authentic to the trad style.  Last time I was in town, Chloe Feoranzo and I subbed with the Feetwarmers and had a blast. They have a few CDs out, but they have a fair amount of non-trad repertoire on them. When they play for the dance crowds though, do play trad almost exclusively.

-Justin
Sent from my iPhone