[Dixielandjazz] Live Jazz

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 16:01:47 PST 2014

I know, it's almost weekend (here it already is - Sunday is a regular
working day), so it's a bit late to mention last Monday at Cafe Dalia, but
I'll do it anyway, not only because we - my friends and I - enjoyed it a
lot, but also because some people on the list constantly bemoan "the dying
art."   The place is outdoors and rathe cool this time of the year, and
nevertheless there were quite a few people.  The over-50 were all at our
table - all FIVE of us.  Perhaps the trombonist should ba  added to the
list.  The others were young, probably all under 40.  Eli and the Chocolate
Factory always draw young audience; none of the swing dancers showed up to
bolster the number of peple under 30.  The bass player Tal Ronen, at
present an NYC resident, guested on --- ukelele, of all things!  But he
also replaced the regular basist on a few numbers.  Good beer, passable
food, and good music - "who can ask for anything more?"
Cheers