[Dixielandjazz] DJML Facebook Update - Solution for you guys!!!!

SargentDrums at aol.com SargentDrums at aol.com
Mon Jan 27 10:01:28 PST 2014

I just wanted to give you an update with feedback from members on our
Facebook group. As of this morning, membership has grown to 339  members.

DON'T BE SO QUICK TO PASS OVER THIS, because I have included  information
as to how you can keep tabs on this group, get all the information  WITHOUT
BEING ON FACEBOOK or receiving photos or ads, or graphics or  anything else
you might be allergic to. (BTW, you can also make very, very long  posts and
dissertations)

First the feedback:

“Nice to see DJML in the 21st century!  :o)”

“Nice to see this list on here! Keep it going. Lots of names I  haven't
heard in a long time popping up! Hello to all!”

“Thank you so  much. That mailing list was miserable to navigate...with
many kudos to those who  created, maintained and contributed over the years.
The time has  come!”

“Thanks, Bill Sargent; I had given up on the DJML a couple of  years ago.
This will be nice. Good job!”
“I have not been active on the list  for some time because my mails were
getting stripped of text and posting only  the headers. Sort of defeated the
purpose ...”

“Wow! DJML caught up with  the world! great job!”

“Having the DJML on Facebook is a real improvement  as far as I am
concerned. Being able to post images and audio is a great plus.  Thank you, Bill,
for creating the group and adding me to it.”

“Yep this  is a neat page! I likee likee.”

“this has something the djml doesn't have  – pictures”

“much improved interaction, and 100% more user friendly,  and.... I could
go on and on. It's a pity many won't even try it. Thanks again  Bill!!”

“ya, thanks bill, now it looks like I need to friend everyone  from the
email djml so I can read their post and see their pics, so don't anyone  put me
in facebook jail”

“I can see some things skipping the list because  it is just more
convenient to post here, for example, posting about a website or  a youtube is a two
click affair to post here, a tad more bothersome to insert  into a mail
message. And then the really short-entry discussions like this one  become
tedious on the email.”

“I am still checking the DJML digest for  any items of interest, but I have
not been able to post for some time because  DJML is stripping the text
from my posts, leaving only the headers with blank  messages. So I will post
here, and try to get back to my former  involvement.”

“Hi Bill, thanks for making me a part of this site. Keep in  touch.”

“Thanks for setting up the group Bill.”

“Great idea,  thanks Bill.”

“Nice job, Bill, thanks for starting this.”

Here are  some helpful tips and features:

For those who want to write long  dissertations on various subjects, you
can post very long documents to the group  under FILES. You can create
documents and upload files. This may include  commentaries, reviews, historical
analysis, historical/personal antidotes, or  anything else you wish. This will
keep them easily accessible for future  reference by anyone with an interest
or doing research.

You can  also post your cool or historical photos for prosperity in the
PHOTOS section.  Videos may also be posted there.

Searching out musicians and  friends under MEMBERS makes contacting others
simple.

Finally, you  may post your musical performances under EVENTS so people can
quickly go there  to see if anything is happening on any given date in
their area for their  enjoyment.

If you only wish to check in here once in a while and  NOT receive
notifications of all activities, or even some activities, it is easy  to do. Simply
go under NOTIFICATIONS at the top right of the page and make the
appropriate selection.

Finally, you can create a RSS newsfeed that YOU  CAN RECEIVE THE DJML
FACEBOOK NEWS WITHOUT BEING ON FACEBOOK!!!!!

Simply  go to:

https://facebook-rss.herokuapp.com/rss/621010197966522

Here are two additional  resources.

http://www.wallflux.com/

http://apps.facebook.com/groups_to_rss/

If you too would like to join in the fun, the address is:

This is  the web address for the  group:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/DixielandJazz/

Here is the  email address for the group:
DixielandJazz at groups.facebook.com

I hope you find this info helpful!

Bill Sargent
414-305-6955