[Dixielandjazz] Those who dislike change . . .

Jack Mitchell fjmitch at westnet.com.au
Sun Jan 26 14:05:46 PST 2014

I have followed this thread and read all the messages, and find points with
which I agree from both sides. All sides actually, as there appear to be
more than two.

Without taking sides, I refer to the often made point that being on facebook
will encourage newcomers to dixieland music. If young people aren't
interested now, how do we know that they'll bother with a dixieland facebook
site? There is an AUSTRALIAN JAZZ LOVERS site, only twelve months old, that
has 400 or so members, 3000 or so postings and many thousands of messages.
Trouble is, from our discussion point of view, all the members have been
dedicated lovers of OKOM for decades.

Best wishes
Jack Mitchell