[Dixielandjazz] DJML Facebook Page

SargentDrums at aol.com SargentDrums at aol.com
Wed Jan 22 20:41:10 PST 2014

For years now, I  have wondered why this group has not moved to Facebook.

It has everything that we could want for communications. It truly IS
perfect for what happens here AND it eliminates all of the quirks that exist in
the outmoded form of "Plain Text Only" email. Really, this IS a  clunker.

Therefore, I have started a Facebook Group for us. It is called  the
Dixieland Jazz Mailing List. (What else would it be called?) I labeled it  that to
make it easy for you guys to find it.

I am not suggesting that you completely abandon this email deal, BUT, for
those of you who want to make your lives easier and more fun AND share
photos,  music, videos, your websites, your gigs AND keep commentaries straight,
this is  the way to go!

BTW, for some of you old "set in you ways" dudes, just know that Facebook
is NOT just for kids. There are a ton of your peers on it, so don't treat it
 like your VCR that's still flashing 12:00. I guarantee you're going to
like it .  . . AND, it's free!

Here is the emails address for the  group:
DixielandJazz at groups.facebook.com

This is the web address for the  group:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/DixielandJazz/

-----
>From the "Dixieland Jazz Mailing  List" Facebook Group:

I created this page as a tool to move the outmoded  Dixieland Jazz Mailing
List from a Plain Text only email vehicle to a current,  more productive,
useful means of communicating in this century.

Here we  can enjoy photos, video clips, website links, audios. Members can
comment and  read comments without having to open individual emails to read
a one-sentence  comment. There commentaries will be linked directly to the
post to which they  are commenting.

This will all be faster ...and more  efficient for everyone, all while
taking advantage of all forms of media with  are directly connected to what we
do in our performance - which is to provide  audible music and visual
entertainment and the promotion of such.

Bill  Sargent
414-305-6955