[Dixielandjazz] Mal Sharpe Interviews Musicians

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Fri Jan 10 20:29:54 PST 2014

Mal Sharpe is a trombone player in the SF bay area. Years ago he had a partner name
Jim Coyl, or something such as that. They did a lot of commercials and comedy bits
like “the Man on the Street.”
They were very funny, if you like the (off the wall) type of humor.

He did a bit with three of the great old time New Orleans musicians in 1965.
I was lucky enough to have known and played a few gigs with Pops Foster. He was a real gentleman.

I have this on an MP3 which of course I cannot post on DJML. Thus, if you would like a copy of the bit, send me an email and I’ll send it to you off-list.

Bob Ringwald K6YBV
www.ringwald.com
916/ 806-9551

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution." --Abraham Lincoln, B2/12/2009 – D4/15-1865