[Dixielandjazz] Fats & white musicians (was Early recordings by "Black bands")

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Feb 16 13:53:51 PST 2014

Marek Boym replied regarding "some white musicians hired to record with Fats would not sit in the same room with him and grumbled about having to work "with that nigger"...

> If I remember properly, Bill - his biography written by his son.

Dear Marek,
Thank you.
I have read but, unfortunately, never owned that 1978 Maurice Waller/Anthony Calabrese book.
But, have just checked Amazon books. They have an 'as new' copy, so I have ordered it.
Very kind regards,
Bill.