[Dixielandjazz] Musescore & transposing for trombone

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Tue Feb 11 01:09:55 PST 2014

Ken asked:
>PS--Do trombone players always require to read in bass clef?

No!  When I decided it was easier to have one sheet of music on the stand
than two or three, I began writing all lead sheets in treble clef & labeling
it "piano".  Everyone does his own transposing. No worry about the wrong
paper on the wrong stand!

Didn't take me long too read treble as well as bass.  After all, you can use
your eyes AND your ears to let you know where you are with OKOM!!

Jim