[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland v. Trad Jazz

Rick Zahniser zahniser99 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 12:21:25 PST 2014

trad jazz began with Lu Waters.
 turk went to Frisco, and started playing Trad in a place he called
earthquake magoons.  He was emulated by the Firehouse Five + two and Good
Time Jazz record label was born.

the best thing to emulate is Coon-Sanders nighthawks. the reason Vince
calls his band the nighthawks.  Here's my favorite.  Banjo & Tuba....always.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPQ7AmsCOQE

Rick