[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland v. Trad Jazz

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym at teledyn.com
Fri Feb 7 18:10:27 PST 2014

some players tell me they think 'Dixieland' sounds hokey, like it
belongs in Disneyland or something, or that it doesn't mention Chicago
or NYC, but I say Louis Armstrong called it Dixieland, and that's good
enough for me.  Labels are only for the label marketing reps to banter
about anyway ;)

--
*Teledyn Addendum: teledyn blogspot ca*
*eso: **EighthStreetOrchestra blogspot ca*