[Dixielandjazz] Popular Songs as Poetry, 70s style

Patrick Ladd patrickjladd at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 24 03:48:13 PST 2014

Hi,
regarding music as a backing to poetry. The best I have ever heard is the
poetry of John Betjeman set to music. Betjeman for those not in the know was
a very popular English poet. Rather unfairly he is most often remembered for
his poem which started
Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough
Its no fit place for humans now
There isn`t space to graze a cow

Slough, a town outside London was in the process of being `developed` at the
time.

I had a couple of LP`s, one of which was `Banana Blush` I forget the other.
Same band doing the backing on both I think. Nothing to play LP`s on now so
I haven`t heard them for years. I think i will have a trawl around the net.
Merry Christmas everyone

Pat