[Dixielandjazz] The Firehouse Jazz Band Real Book

Jim O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Thu Dec 18 17:38:08 PST 2014

Graham Martin wrote:

> Subject: [Dixielandjazz] The Firehouse Jazz Band Real Book
>
> I have always been very impressed with the lead sheet style
> used in this publication. Does anyone know what computer
> software program was used to produce these sheets?

 I assume you mean the Firehouse Jazz Band Fake Book and not the "Real Book"
series of books. They're two entirely different things.

I don't know what program was used for the Firehouse book, but something
very similar can be produced in either Finale or Sibelius.

Jim O'Briant
Gilroy, CA, USA
Conductor / Staff Arranger, The Pacific Brass Band
Principal Tuba, South Valley Symphony Orchestra
Tuba & Leader, The Zinfandel Stompers
Tuba, Earl Scheelar's Zenith Jazz Band