[Dixielandjazz] A MILESTONE! 1,000+ Members!!!

SargentDrums at aol.com SargentDrums at aol.com
Fri Dec 5 08:17:30 PST 2014

TODAY, the Facebook version of DJML hit 1,006  members!

Following is the post I made this morning:

Well  folks, TODAY WE HIT A MILESTONE! When I starting this group earlier
this year, I  had not considered an actual number of people who would
participant in this  effort. I created this because the music, the artform, and the
people needed  this.

This forum creates communication, comradery, inspiration,  motivation, and
exposure to the music and your efforts in providing that music.  It brings
us just a bit closer together as we get to see and hear what others  across
the country ...and around the world are doing; performances and people we
only heard about prior to this forum due to distance and expense. It also
gives  us an opportunity to look into jazz's past and relive the legends who
built the  foundation we stand on.

And finally, it gives us an opportunity to expose  this music, the artform,
and your performances to many all around the world who  are in the process
of discovery; people who would never have shown up at a  ticketed jazz
festival, or even a jazz club. How many of us have a regular  opportunity for
exposure to over 1,000 at a time? Most jazz festivals have much  smaller
audiences.

I want to thank all those who have and continue to  contribute interesting
and inspiring content. You're what makes this work.

A special shout out to Steve Barbone, our cheerleader, and Tom Wiggins  who
helped put us over the milestone today! You guys are the best!!

-  Keep  Swingin'!

Bill

Remember,  it doesn't hurt to be in both this email group AND the Facebook
group. They are  two very different kinds of forums. On Facebook, all
commentary on a specific  post and all consolidated in one easy read in the same
post; no closing and  opening emails to see what the other guy  said.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/DixielandJazz/

In any case, I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and a better
year next year than ever before!!