[Dixielandjazz] How Long Do CDs Last? - NPR

Stan Brager sbrager at verizon.net
Thu Aug 21 22:39:10 PDT 2014

The takeaway from this report is that some of the early CDs were poorly manufactured and didn't last long. Modern manufacturing techniques estimate that a CD could last several centuries. My own experience is that all of my early CDs from the '80s are still in my collection and still playable. Several CDs which were produced at home have failed as well as some made in France.

What are the CD experiences of others on the list?

Stan
Stan Brager