[Dixielandjazz] Facebook's New Mandatory Messenger App

Don Kirkman donsno2 at charter.net
Fri Aug 8 16:28:41 PDT 2014

On Fri, 8 Aug 2014 15:47:39 -0500, Jim Allen wrote:

Thank you for this warning, Jim.  Probably like a lot of other
Facebook users I'm tired of the stream of dire warnings from Facebook
about what will happen if a user fails or refuses to go along with the
switch to the new version of the app.  I came to Facebook to
participate in a family genealogy group and to be in touch with a
small number of family and friends.  Some of Facebook's pushy
"suggestions" are already into commercials and redirections to items
of no use nor interest to me.  I just hope I don't have to leave
Facebook because I can't live in peace with my chosen few contacts.