[Dixielandjazz] Support live jazz

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 11:27:29 PDT 2014

Last night, a group of my friends and yours truly wejnt to hear Eli
Preminger duetting with the pianist Nahum Perefrikovich at the Bell Boy
Coctail Bar in Tel-Aviv.
Music was indeed excellent, and our friend Gilda sang a few numbers with
the band.
Nevertheless, it was not worth the effort: I had a nearly an hour drive
(including parking in a paid parking lot).  The show was scheduled for
9:00PM, but started later, some time between 9:15-9:30.  Prior thereto
there was piped in music, too loud, but at least - OKOM.  At 9:50 Eli
announced that there was time for just two more songs, as they had to stop
at 10.  They payed one song, Eli announced a"a goodninght song -
"Whispering," but the piped in music started as soon as he finished the
announcement.  Thus, it took an hour of driving, and nearly that long
driving back home, just for about half an hour of music.
Oh, it took over fifteen minutes to get a waiter's attention so as to ask
for the check.  The payment process always takes some time, so in the final
count I left home at about 8PM and was back at 11.
No idea whether they will have jazz there again, but next time it will be
without me.
Cheers