[Dixielandjazz] Question about a film

Gregory McCurty grmccurty at vassar.edu
Sun Aug 3 09:31:56 PDT 2014

Greetings All,
  A bit of digging yielded a YouTube clip of "Sweet Georgia..." linked
specifically to the Brooks film.
It contained the information copied here:

   Great hot recording by Oliver Naylor's Orchestra, whose personnel is:
Oliver Naylor (p) dir: Edward "Pinky" Gebrecht, Leo McConville (tp), Pete
Beilman (tb), Jerry Richel, Jack Howard (cl,as), Lester "Gilly" Bouchon
(cl,ts), Bob Zurke (p), Jules Bauduc (bjo), Cal Hansen (d), Louis Darrough
(d) & William "Bill" Perry (arr). Recorded in Camdem, May 1, 1925. Issued
on Victor 19688 & british HMV B-2078. Thanks!

  A separate search for Oliver Naylor's Orchestra brought me to another
posting of the same recording.
I hope this is correct, as I don't have a way to further corroborate the
information.

 Thanks,   Greg McCurty