[Dixielandjazz] IJD

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 12:40:01 PDT 2014

Ok,
Now I know more.  88FM has been celebrating the International Jazz Day all
day long.  Not to the exclusion of anything else, but jazz could be heard
in all its programmes.  Now, thanks to the ownders of the Internet, I am
listening to the 7PM programme (it's about 10:30PM), at 8PM the former (by
now - retired) announcer of Jazz88 came back to the studio for the two hour
broadcast (usually - one hour) broadcast - at least he can pronounce all
the names!
True, not everything is to my liking (Jam88, for example, although
ostensibly a "jazz" programme today, has something I would definitely NOT
wish to hear).
Internet or not, so far today's Jazz88 does not seem to be available.  I
only heard ond BG recording from Moscow and the Three Tenors - Scott
Hamilton, Al; Cohn and Buddy Tate from Japan - on the way home.
Cheers