[Dixielandjazz] Silly rules & regs

Ulf Jagfors ulf.jagfors at telia.com
Sat Apr 26 09:51:46 PDT 2014

There are two things to consider here

One is to play or any other performances like speeches, singing etc, for
public without an artist Visa. Closed gatherings are allowed as far as I
understand it.
The other is to enter a country boarder, US or AU or Europe etc, with an
instrument that has material made of material like ebony, rose wood and
ivory, which is restricted by international rules. That’s should not be a
problem for horn players, ivory covered bottoms?, but certainly is for
string instrument players.
But, again, I have not heard of any problem with any of the above rules in
recent years. So go and play on Bourbon Street if you wish too.

Ulf