[Dixielandjazz] Armstrong's second horn

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym at teledyn.com
Tue Apr 22 13:04:41 PDT 2014

Got a copy of Muriel Weinstein's Play, Louis, Play! preparing for our shows
and while, as a children's book she already makes soon key editorial
changes (eg that Mayann slept over at housekeeping jobs because the commute
was to far), but in the book Joe Oliver gives young Louis a trumpet when
Joe leaves for Chicago. This is a story I'd not heard before and I haven't
yet found a corroborating source. Does anyone know where Muriel might have
found this? The impression is that this horn replaces the old 'Karnofsky'
horn.