[Dixielandjazz] Mercury Records Art Hodes

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 14:19:32 PDT 2014

I have most of the Hodes Blue Notes, and they are so lovely!  The greatest
trombone solo I've ever heard is Sandy Williams' on "Low Down Blues," which
is not to say that I consider Williams the greatest trombone player.
Art Hodes happens to be my friend Donna's favourite pianist.
I have some numbers from the Mercury duets with Truck Parham and, good as
they are, they are not in the same class as the Blue Notes or the sides
reissued by Jazology.
Cheers