[Dixielandjazz] An Open Letter RE: DJML Facebook

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 13:14:04 PDT 2014

Hi,
Don't you guys think it's time to end this discussion?  It leads us nowhere.
As you already know, I am staying off FB, even if my letters to DJML are
open to all.  So I have not come to defend the FB list.
Is there harm in it?  I honestly don't know, but by now it seems rather
irrelevant - it's here to stay!  I know at least one person who has joined
the FB group, without joining the email one.  So?
As you should know from my messages, in my country  the OKOM audience is
mixed, even if the younger people would not join a forum like the DJML.
Will the FB promote OKOM to young people?  I rather doubt it, but the
regular list hasn't either.
So, rather than fight, why don't we coexist peacefully?  And have more time
for music instead of polemizing about the relative virtues and drawbacks of
FB vs. regular DJML?
I rest my case, and this is the last you'll hear (read?) from me on this
matter.
Cheers,
Marek